In todays world there is an increasing trend to normalize any type of conduct by calling for "tolerance" and acceptance of "diversity." Both of the words in quotes have been so construed as to demonize anyone who could possible be against either of them as either ignorant, a bigot or politically incorrect.
Recently I have exchanged emails with one of the Charter Members of NARTH (National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality). This organization was formed in 1992 by Professionals who disagreed with the decision of the American Psychiatry Association to remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. Other Associations such as the NEA and AFT have followed that lead. NARTH says that it has become politically incorrect to make even the suggestion of dialogue that opens up the question of the normality of homosexuality.
NARTH was formed in response to censorship of a politically unpopular position and to help counter the widespread propaganda in favor of normalizing homosexuality.
My correspondent is a Church member and a Professional Therapist. He says that the propoganda is so intense that even many well-meaning Church members are becoming confused about the issue of homosexuality. Many seem to accept the unproven premise that people are just born that way and cannot help themselves. Nothing could be further from the truth. Anyone can be one, and no one has to be one.
We are even bombarded with contentions that the scriptures do not condemn homosexual behavior. Let me rebut this foolish notion with a few quotes:
Lev. 18:22 "Thous shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is an abomination."
Lev. 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind. as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.'
Rom: 1: 26-27 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise, also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman. burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet."
So, instead of being apologetic and accepting lets start telling it like it is. As President Kimball says in Chapter 17 of the Lesson Manual for this year: "If one has homosexual desires and tendencies he overcomes them in the same as if he had the urge toward petting or fornication or adultery or other such sex acts... Again, contrary to the belief and statment of may people, this practice, like fornication, is overcomable and forgivable, but again only upon a deep and abiding repentance, which means total abandonment and complete transformation of thought and act."
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
amen
Amber said what I mean. Amen. Go Dad. And we will stand for the truth and against the error, even though we be ridiculed and ostracized. We look to the Lord and His Spirit for our reliance.
Thanks, dad. Well stated.
Yes. I rely on the fact that the Atonement can help us overcome anything--even our natural tendencies. Anyone who wants to change badly enough can change.
I wish I could print this out and read it to everyone I meet. I had to work for a very talented and great man who was "married" to another talented and great man. It was often hard for me to respect him as I was so opposed to his decision. I did respect his as a boss, however. It's everywhere.
You can print it out. Just block, copy, paste into your word processor and print.
It's not that I didn't know how, I just don't think people would apprecitate it how I want them to. They aren't ready to hear it. But thanks.
You are right Emily. Many people are not only not ready to hear this message but do no want to hear it and want to stifle the free speech rights of anyone who dares speak out.
Jan and I went up to Capitol hill this morning and I testified in favor of HB0236 at the Utah House Education Committee. It would strengthen existing law regarding school clubs. Afterwards we were interviewed by 3 or 4 newspaper reporters and 2 TV crews. Jan did well with the mic in her face and the camera's lights on. Now we'll see if they put any of our views on TV or in the paper.
It is so scary how easily members of our church are being taken in by all the propaganda these days. Going to high school in this age was INSANE. So many of my friends have fallen into the trap, some of my closest and best friends. Any pursuit to educate people of the dangers of homosexuality is a noble cause and I support it in every way. Good blog, grandpa! Soooo true.
Post a Comment