Monday, November 3, 2008

Expelled

Ben Stein, who is Jewish and a foremost advocate for truth, has recently put out a documentary called: "Expelled; No Intelligence Allowed" We got it from Netflix and watched it the other night. It is very well done and we highly recommend it to all.

The subject is an analysis of how the entrenched scientific community have not allowed any dissent from their view that Evolution is an established fact. Those even mentioning the possibility of flaws in the theory are ostrasized regardless of their scientific credentials and degrees. I will not go into the detail of all the careers that have been damaged - you can watch the dvd for that. Stein uses excellent analogies to show how academic freedom is allowed only if you happen to agree with the Party line. References to the Hitler regime and the Berlin Wall are frequent and clearly show what happens when freedom is curtailed in the effort to force everyone to follow the party line.

Ben interviews such hard-shelled athiests and unwavering evolutionists as Peter Dawkins and asks some clear-cut and incisive questions that Dawkins cannot answer. When it is over you wonder how we can put up with such attempts to cut off inquiry and further investigation by taking the position that the matter is settled and any other inquiry should be stifled.

It is becoming increasingly clear that the scientific materialists are doing all that they can to eliminate "God" or even any intelligence from the miracle of creation. Their view that life had to come about by blind chance is demonstrably ridiculous and will not stand for much longer in my opinion. More and more well qualified scientists are courageously challenging the fallacy of life and its many forms having come about by tiny changes over billions of years. The fact is that no one knows how life started in the first place much less how one species changed to another. There is no evidence for such "Macroevolution" though they try to extend "Micro Changes" such as finch beaks to species changes with no evidence whatsover to support the giant leap. See "Icons of Evolution" by Wells, and "Darwin's Black Box" by Behe. So, when you get bombarded with baloney in the classroom, have the courage to dissent even though it will probably affect your grade!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Grandpa! Sounds like my fam had a fun weekend with the two of you. I heard that little Julia liked you quite a bit. (I hope the more mature Julia wasn't too jealous.) I was sad to have not been there too.

My parents have told me about this, and I'll definitely have to see it. I really respect your wise opinion so I'm relieved to hear you say that these ridiculous theories won't last long. At least we know the truth. Thanks.

Cami said...

Yes, I have heard a lot about this movie, but have yet to see it. However, I've already had to defend it to many people, even in the church. I am anxious to see it so I have more to defend.

Nice to see you back on the blogosphere.

melody said...

Thanks for the review. I was just adding it to my queue when I noticed it is one we can watch instantly. Great, we'll watch it tonight!

I agree with Emily about your opinion. Thanks for encouraging all of us to stand up for what is right - even, and especially, when it is unpopular.

Oh, and we loved spending the time in Logan last weekend. Julia will watch TV with her Great Grandpa Scott anytime!