Yes it spells "Pig." However, it is an acronym for a new breed of books that are becoming very popular among such as I. Jan and Steve gave me my latest one: "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science." I have always thought that "Science" is a sacred cow. Those who "know" do not want the rest of us to question their conclusions. We must just accept their interpretation because they are "Scientists." This book is like a breath of fresh air. The Author busts a number of scientific myths such as "Global warming - not caused by man," " Darwinian Evolution". and many others.
The PIG series meets a real need. In just about the last 40 or 50 years many who apparently would like to makeover society to their own liking have been attacking and rewriting many of our time-honored and tested values. Some of their assertions are outrageous and many are just plain silly. However, they have made many gains such that it is politically incorrect to hold to values we have long accepted as true and necessary for a good society. These books are popular because a lot of people like me, and hopefully you, are fed up with the revision of values, history, religion, the Constitution and similar institutions.
There are PIG books on Islam, American History, English and American Literature, Darwinism and Intelligent Design, Feminism, and the U.S. Constitution. as well as on many other topics. As you already know, these are areas that have been under attack by the intelligensia who would like to re-do everything to their own liking, regardless of the truth. If you are particularly interested in any of these areas I can recommend the PI Guides. They are all well written and the authors are not afraid to take on the opposition and tell it like it is. They expose the fuzzy and fallacious thinking to which many resort to try to reinterpret and re-do history as they wish it had been, or science as they hope it is, to avoid the necessity of believing in a Creator.
They are a great help to those of us who have not caved in and have the courage to persevere in expounding the truth and doing what is right. Hooray for all of us! "Non carborundum bastardum." (Don't let the s.o.b.'s grind you down)
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I will pass this on to Aaron. He majored in International Politics and is always interested in things like this- I'm sure he'd love these books. Sharla
I have really enjoyed reading the P.I.G. of English and American Lit. Luckily, I was not in the classes where the professor really destroyed the classics, but it did help me see how I might have been fed the wrong information from time to time, and how the world is changing long-held beliefs and truths. I'm looking forward to reading some others!
Yes, mom has told me much about these books. I'm sure I'd benefit from reading them, as society today is so eager to feed us lies.
Oh, and happy belated birthday to both you and Grandma! Jonny and I love you both and hope to see you soon!
Yes, we find those books helpful. Gives you good information to use when you get stuck in a conversational situation and the lies are being repeated as truth. You don't have to just sit by, oh no. You can say, "that's interesting - however I wonder if you realize that . . ." And then you share the truth. Well, I have just ordered another copy of the science one. Gotta have it. Try amazon.com or half.com. Good prices.
I want to read them all. We just got the one about feminism. They are great. The one about Eng and Amer Lit changed my life!!!
An update on PIG books. I went into Hastings (which I thought carried most all books) and asked for them. I was told that they do not carry any of the Politically Incorrect Titles. How is that for censorship at the bookstore level???
Post a Comment